Aplayfulday is kindly sponsored by Superknits, the home of super yarns for super knits. Please show your support for our playful friend by clicking on the link above- go on, spoil yourself!!!
Win a skein of
exclusive Aplayfulday colourway in the Superwash Blue Faced Leicester 4 ply weight. To enter simple visit her online store and pop back here to leave a comment telling me what colourways you love best from this talented dyer. Competition ends 21st August 2011 and will be announced on the next podcast. Good Luck!
Ysolda Teague and Westknits classes announced at
Sock knitter's kit= 4 skeins of Drops Fabel, 2 sets of stitch markers. 1 sheepy set from The
and 1 set with clip stitch marker from
Off the Needles
Monster Chunks by
The Dreaded Birthday knit,
Socks by the Yarn Harlot in
in the Tulip Tree Beauty colourway.
Super secret test knit for the wonderful up and coming yarn club from
. More details next week!
On the Needles
Test Knit for
in Sundara Yarn
, in the colourway Brown Sugar over buttermilk and Sanguine Gryphon
in colourway KatyDid.
by Stephen West in Madelinetosh
Kai Mei by
, colourway 'With my tv and CD collection of Bob Marley'.
Munch, Burp, Schlurp
Recipe for Spelt Soda Bread:
1. Seive 2 cups of Spelt Flour into a large bowl along with 2 heaped tsps o Baking powder and 1 tsp salt.
2. Add 3 generous tblsps of Margarine and rub into butter.
3. Add 250ml of Milk and stir into a dough (I used my fingers).
4. Turn out onto a loured surface and work into desired shape (I chose 2 mini round bun loaves with a scored X on top).
5. Pop in the oven for 30-40 mins on Gas Mark 6/ 220.
Massive love for UK podcasters:
. Keeping me smiley this week.
Also, congratulation to Jasmin from the
. We can't wait to see if your baby has pink hair too and what a wonderful Glam-Ma Gigi will be!
Fly, Fly, Fly by Adrina Thorpe, available on
Food by Deidre Flint, available on
Contact me at: