Aplayfulday is kindly sponsored by Superknits, the home of super yarns for super knits. Please show your support for our playful friend by clicking on the link above- go on, spoil yourself!!!
Save the date! 4th December 2011 for the Playful Meet up 2011 at
Stay tuned for more details.
A set of
from Stephcuddles and a skein of
in the colourway terracotta 802 for any donation or contribution towards the podcast.
Off the Needles
Test Knit for
in Sundara Yarn
, in the colourway Brown Sugar over buttermilk and Sanguine Gryphon
in colourway KatyDid.
by Stephen West in Madelinetosh
by Lana Holden in 4 ply 100% BFL Sock yarn from
A tragic ending for the Kai Mei by
, colourway 'With my tv and CD collection of Bob Marley'.
On the needles
by Anne Hansen in
Munch Burp Schlurp
The Porridge of Champions
You will need:
1 cup of sultanas (or dried fruit of choice)
1/2 cup apple juice
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
2 cooking apples roughly skinned and chopped
Knob of butter
1 tsp Brown Sugar (or low G.I alternative)
1. Soak dried fruit overnight in apple juice
2. Remove from fridge in the morning and add spices.
3. Heat a pan and add the butter before browning the chopped apples.
4. Sprinkle on sugar and caramelise a bit
5. Add fruit and spice mix to pan
6. Dollop onto porridge and enjoy with fresh coffee and a good blog or ten to read.
Fly, Fly, Fly by Adrina Thorpe, available on
I miss you by Adam Stokes, available on
Contact me at: