A Playful Day is kindly sponsored by Superknits. Please show your support for our playful friend by clicking on the link above- go on, spoil yourself!!!.
A Playful Day is also kindly sponsored by NorthboundKnitting, uniquely hand dyed yarn, spinning fibre and modern knitting designs. Please show your support for our playful friend by clicking on the link above.
A Playful Day is proudly sponsored by Candy Skein,
hand dyed yarns sweet enough to eat! Please support our playful friend by supporting the banner above.
Thank you to the many well wishes and plenty of chatter that kept me sane whenever I could log in.
Come join '
', entirely hosted by lovely group members and making me smile everytime I swing by.
Off the Needles
by Woolly Wormhead using Artist's Palette
by Dani Sunshine in
in the 'charcoal' colourway and a
self designed from leftovers of the BC Yarnings DK SW and
s Skinny Bugga held double in the Katydid colourway.
by Justyna Lorwowska using
Superwash Merino Fingering Weight in the 'Moonstone' colourway and
in the Brown Sugar over Buttermilk colourway.
A matching new born hat out of the
of these leftovers.
hat by Justine Turner in Tactile Fibres
in Meyer Lemon colourway.
On the Needles
by Tracey Kay in leftovers of the Artist Palette and BC Yarnings DK.
by Fiona Lucas in a mystery sock yarn.
by Lisa Mutch in The Uncommon Thread in The Uncommon Thread
in the 'Nimbostratus' Colourway and
Fingering in 'Cerulean' Colourway.
Munch Burp, Schlurp
I pull out the casserole dish and treat friends and family to Boozy Beef Stew.
1. Take diced steak or a preferred cut (it can be a cheaper cut due to the cooking time) and coat with seasoned flour.
2. Brown off in the pan before adding onions, celery and carrots or any other roots you feel like that have a longer cooking time.
3. Add more vegetables you like. I went for mushrooms and green beans and added garlic here.
4. Add a dried bay leaf and a bottle of red wine....
5. Stire in a little cornstarch mixture to preference, season and reduce heat or pop in the oven on a low heat for 2-2 1/2 hours.
6. Take off the lid and return to a higher heat on the stove for 10- 15 mins, stirring occasionally. Add any aromatics at this point: fresh herbs such as rosemary or basil and zest of citrus (lemon works very nicely with rosemary)
Fly, Fly, Fly by Adrina Thorpe, available on
Underdogs by Jen Foster, available on
Contact me at: