Photography for Knitting & Crochet
A morning of photography, practical sessions and inspiration with Emily Quinton of Makelight.
Emily is a self-confessed instagram addict, photographer and blogger. I had the pleasure of attending one of Emily’s workshops this year and to say it has changed the way I take pictures and channel my creativity in them is an understatement!
Emily has kindly opened up her Makelight Studio ready for a morning together focussed on knitting and crochet. Whether you have always wanted to take better pictures of your finished objects or are a designer thinking about getting the best images for your patterns and social media, this is a morning dedicated to celebrating stitches and your craft.
The morning will include:
- Finding inspiration and developing your style
- Learning to use and find the best light to really show your stitches and accurate colour
- Composition and styling- how to take pictures of whole pieces vs small details such as lace or colourwork
- Getting the best from your camera phone
- Shooting in Aperture Priority mode on your dSLR (if you have one)
- Basic editing on your phones and computers
After the workshop, there will be a couple of hours to share food, knit, crochet and practice what you’ve learned. During this time you will have plenty of time to get hands on with props and share ideas. Emily and I will be on hand to answer questions about:
- Tips and tricks for visual social media and using photography on your blog
- Story telling through visual social media, so that people want to connect with you and if you’re a designer, buy from you!
- Tips for building your social media following.
- How to create a visual social media presence that really represents your brand or tells the story you’ve always wanted to tell.
After our day together you will be able to join the private Makelight Facebook group for continued support, inspiration and networking.
Date: 12th September 2015
Cost: £85 (includes lunch, drinks and refreshments)
Workshop running time: 10am-2pm
Coffee & settle in: 9.30am
Lunch, practical sessions with props & making time: 2-4pm
You can book your space on Emily's website here. Space is limited to make sure we have lots of time to answer your questions and there's room to play with the props.
Please bring your camera(s) - whatever that is and remember to charge it up and clear your memory cards. We will have plenty of props and inspiring things to photograph but if you want to bring some of your own things then please do.
We can’t wait to spend the day with you all! x